There are eight grants available, two for each of the MA programmes, and they cover €6,750 for the Master of Communication Design Labs, the Master of Product Design Labs and the Master of Strategic Design Labs, and €8,500 for the Master of European Design Labs.
The Masters of Design and Innovation are bilingual (Spanish/English) research programmes that train professionals to develop their work in a transverse way, in multidisciplinary environments, and to lead successful projects. They include trips, visits, workshops, exclusive lectures, cultural and technical seminars, lessons and tutorials. Course start date: 29th of January 2013. Apply for your Course now.
How to take part? Please fill in the form.
WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR PARTICIPATION DEADLINE
The scholarship competition for the Masters of Design and Innovation has been extended!
You have until 10.00 (Madrid time) on Friday the 15th of June, to take part. Before doing so, please read our terms and conditions.
The names of the winners will be announced during the informative session for the Masters of Design and Innovation, which will take place on the 19th of June, from 19.00 to 20.00, Madrid time.
We advise that you do not delay taking part until the last minute, as, depending on where you are from, your Internet provider and bandwidth, you might face certain issues: in previous editions some people were unable to take part at the last minute.
Competition start date: Wednesday the 27th of April 2012.
Deadline for the receipt of submissions: Friday the 15th of June 2012 at 10:00 h. Madrid time (GMT+1).
Announcement of the winners: The names of the winners will be announced during the informative session for the Masters of Design and Innovation, which will take place on the 19th of June, from 19.00 to 20.00, Madrid time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the terms and conditions and get ready for the competition starting on the 27th of April, 2012 (for the 2013 academic year):
1. Anyone can take part, regardless of nationality and origin. It is essential for students to have an intermediate written and spoken level of English and Spanish for them to be able to follow the lessons.
2. Competition dynamics. Participants must fill in the application form, attaching their CV and portfolio.
3. Each candidate can take part only once, for a single Master of Design and Innovation. Those who request a grant for more than one MA will be disqualified.
4. The grants will be given on a discretionary basis, depending on the paperwork submitted and the potential for development of each candidate. Pre-selected candidates may be contacted for a brief interview in person, by phone or Skype.
5. Prizes. The winners will be awarded a grant which covers 50% of the tuition fees for the MA chosen. In the event that the organisation considers that none of the candidates is suitable, the prize may be declared void.
6. The grants (two for each of the Masters of Design and Innovation) cover 50% of the course tuition fee. For the Master of European Design Labs the amount is €8,500. For the Master of Strategic Design Labs, the Master of Communication Design Labs and the Master of Product Design Labs the amount is €6,750.
7. In order to receive the grant it is ESENTIAL to register and pay the registration fee within 14 days following the19th of June 2012, when the winners will be announced.
- For the Master of European Design Labs the registration fee amounts to €5,000.
- For the Master of Strategic Design Labs, Master of Communication Design Labs and Master of Product Design Labs the registration fee amounts to €4,000.
10. Minimum attendance: 85% of lessons.
11. Students who are given a grant must take an active part in the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events, tutored competitions and workshops.
12. Students who are given a grant must taken an active part in the documenting of MA activities, blog maintenance, trip description, workshops, lectures, etc.
13. In the event that there are not enough students to carry out the MA, the grant will be declared null and void.
14. The decision not to carry out the course in 2013 will lead to the loss of the grant. Under no circumstances will the grant be transferred into cash.
15. The failure to comply with any of the obligations described will result in the loss of the grant.
16. Students who are given a grant give permission for their personal data (name and surname) to be included in the Newspoint information bulletin and other IED promotional materials.
18. The names of the winners will be announced during the informative session for the Masters of Design and Innovation, which will take place on the 19th of June, from 19.00 to 20.00, Madrid time. The names of the winners will be published on www.mastersofdesignandinnovation.com
19. In compliance with Organic Law 25/1999 of the 13th of December, regarding Personal Data Protection, we inform you that your personal and professional date will be included in an automated database, under the responsibility of the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L., with the aim of offering you information that might be of interest to you. You are also hereby informed of your right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose this use of your data, which you may exercise by writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, Calle Larra, 14. 28004 MADRID.
20. Participation in this competition entails the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* These terms and conditions are correct, except in the case of a typographic error.
This post is also available in: Spanish