Calling daring minds! Do you want to make a turn in your professional life?
From the IED Madrid, we offer you the chance to access our most advanced training: some study programs, work and research based on project culture and learning while doing.
Develop yourself through lectures, absorb seminars, design in workshops and, by travelling, discover the most advanced cities in the world in product design, business and communications.
This is a call to all the creatives in the world. From east to west, in summer or in winter, and without the time difference bothering us at all. The scholarships for the Masters of Design and Innovation 2017 are already here. We await your portfolios! Finally make that turn in your life that you were looking for.
The MA programmes to which this competition applies are:
A total of 6 scholarships are on offer, two for each of the MAs, covering 50% of the course fee.
Start date of the competition: Friday the 6th of May, 2016.
Deadline for the receipt of works: Thursday the 7th of July 2016 at 18.00 h Madrid time (GMT+1).
Announcement of the winners: Thursday the 14th of July, 2016 at 18.00 h Madrid time (GMT +1).
The names of the winners will be published on mastersofdesignandinnovation.com/news
HOW TO TAKE PART
People interested in the scholarships, will have to fill in the competition entry form, attaching their Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and portfolio. The files can’t be larger than 4Mb. See Legal Terms.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CLOSED
- People of any nationality and origin may take part. It is important that students have an average level of spoken and written English for the proper follow-up of the classes. There are some activities, case studies or lectures given in Spanish with simultaneous translation. In order to promote the use of Spanish, one of the most spoken languages in the world, the IED Madrid offers an introductory course to Spanish (included in the price of the master) of 3-week during the month of January 2017.
- Dynamics of the contest. Participants will have to fill in the contest entry form attaching their CV, cover letter, and portfolio.
- Each candidate may compete only once, for a single master of the Masters of Design and Innovation. Candidates who apply for scholarship for more than one master will be disqualified.
- The scholarships will be awarded subject to discretion, based on the documentation received and the candidate’s potential development. The jury will be made up of professionals from the IED Madrid. The preselected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by phone or via skype.
- Awards. The winners will be awarded with a scholarship that covers 50% of the course fee for the master they have chosen. In the event that the organization considers that neither of the applicants is adequate, may declare the prize null and void.
- The scholarships (two for each Master of Design and Innovation) cover 50% of the course fee, in the amount of €9,450.
- To enjoy the fellowship, it is ESSENTIAL to register and pay the registration fee within 14 days from Thursday, 14th July, 2016, date of announcement of the winners. For the Master of Strategic Design Labs, Master of Communication Design Labs and Master of Product Design Labs the amount of the registration fee is €.4,000.
- General rules. To know and follow the rules contained in the General Rules of the IED Madrid, as well as to accept and sign the specific rules for interns within two weeks after the announcement of the scholarship winners.
- The winners must study the entire Master at the IED Madrid, and will lose the scholarship if they transfer to another location.
- Minimum of 85% class attendance.
- The scholarship winners must actively take part to all special and multidisciplinary projects as proposed by the school: presentation events, tutored competitions and workshops.
- The scholarship winners must to take part actively to the documentation of the activities of the master, blog maintenance, description of travels, workshops, lectures, etc.
- In the event that the master doesn’t reach the minimum number, the scholarship winner will lose it.
- Not attending the course in the 2017 academic year will lead to the loss of scholarship. Under no circumstances, the scholarship will be transferred into cash.
- Not complying with any of these terms and conditions will disqualify the winner, who will lose the scholarship.
- Winners agree to have their personal data (name and surnames) published in the Newspoint newsletter and other promotional materials of the IED.
- The jury will announce the winners on Thursday the 14th of July, 2016, at 18:00h Madrid (CET). The contest results will be published on www.mastersofdesignandinnovation.com
- In accordance with the Law 25/1999 of the Protection of Personal Information, dated December 13th, we inform you of the responsibilities of the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L. regarding the incorporation of your personal and professional information provided on the automatic form, with the objective of offering you information of interest to you. We also inform you of the rights of access, correction, cancellation and opposition that you may experience, which you may exercise by writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, calle Larra 14, 28004 Madrid.
- Participation in this competition implies the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
*These rules are assumed to be correct, unless there are any typos.