The Masters of Design and Innovation are conceived as research laboratories in which the final thesis project is of utmost importance and has absolute prominence in the didactics of the master.
The Master of Product Design Labs calls for the student to pose a project in an area in which they would like to go more deeply. Throughout the course they are advised on production guidelines and the carrying out of their project, until they reach the creation of their product.
The first thesis jury, which met in March was composed of:
- Clive van Heerden: Program Leader of the Master of Product Design Labs.
- Frédéric Misík: Tutor of the Master of Product Design Labs.
- Jack Mama: Creative Director of VHM Design Futures.
- Alex Jiménez: Founder of Nutcreatives.
- Belinda Tato: Founder of Ecosistemas Urbanos.
- Victoria De Pereda: Responsible for the Area of Sustainability of the IED Madrid.
Until now, the students have had to focus on a subject that was of great importance to them and define the social impact that a powerful project could have in this field. They have dealt with such varied subjects as the lack of electricity, the connection of people through emotional design and the importance of a balanced diet and how to achieve it thanks to design.
Further on, and with the help of the teachers, tutors and Program Leader, the young designers will learn how to give shape to their ideas and define the development of the project, from ideation to the conception of a product.
MASTER OF PRODUCT DESIGN LABS
Program Leader: Clive van Heerden.
Start: January 2015.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 18.00 h, distributed into lessons, tutorials, research and trips.
Language: the lessons are taught in English.
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATIONS
(+34) 91 448 04 44